Flood Resources

FEMA's Disaster Recovery Centers have transitioned to Multi-Agency Resource Centers (MARCs) managed by the commonwealth. Survivors can go to a MARC and still get help with their pending FEMA applications, appeals and any disaster-related questions.

A MARC is a single, “one stop shop" location where public and private organizations come together to provide assistance to those affected by disaster. MARCs are collaborative operations. By bringing these agencies together, the MARC is a critical venue for the coordinated recovery of those affected by a disaster.

MARC locations, days and hours are:

Breathitt County
Breathitt County Library, 1024 College Avenue, Jackson KY 41339
Hours: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays

Floyd County
Foley Community Center, 6134 KY-80, Martin KY 41649
Hours: 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Mondays and Thursdays

Knott County
Knott County Sportsplex, 450 Kenny Champion Loop #8765, Leburn KY 41831
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays

Letcher County
Letcher County Recreation Center, 1505 Jenkins Road, Whitesburg KY 41858
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays

Perry County
Hazard Community and Technical College, 1 Community College Drive, Hazard KY 41701
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Wednesdays and Saturdays

Pike County
172 Division Street, 4th Floor, Pikeville KY 41501
Hours: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesdays and Fridays

If you have registered for assistance, FEMA encourages you to keep in touch to track your application or appeal. You should also notify the agency of changes to your mailing or email addresses or phone numbers, and to report insurance settlements or additional damage you may have discovered since your home inspection.

Website: findhelpnowky.org/ky
Crisis Line: 1-800-854-6813

FindHelpNowKy.org provides resource listings for hundreds of addiction treatment facilities across the state, providing up-to-date and accurate information about their treatment offerings and availability. If you need help finding treatment or have questions about treatment or recovery, contact our partners at the Kentucky HELP Statewide Call Center to speak with a screening and referral specialist Monday through Friday, from 8:30 a.m.-10 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 pm EST/EDT at 1-877-318-1871. After hours and need assistance? Call the Kentucky Opioid Assistance and Resource Hotline (KY-OAR) at 1-800-854-6813.

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment National Helpline
Website: ​findtreatment.samhsa.gov
Crisis line: 1-800-662-HELP (4357); TTY: 1-800-487-4889

The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Treatment National Helpline, (also known as the Treatment Referral Routing Service), provides a confidential, free, 24-hour-a-day, 365-day-a-year, information service, in English and Spanish, for individuals and family members facing mental and/or substance use disorders. This service provides referrals to local treatment facilities, support groups, and community-based organizations. findtreatment.samhsa.gov

Overdose Prevention
Website: ​ nextdistro.org/kyresourcesyesno

For assistance in obtaining naloxone, a life-saving overdose reversal drug, visit NEXT Distro. NEXT Distro works to get naloxone to people who use drugs and the people who are the most likely to be a first responder in an opioid overdose emergency. If you encounter someone you suspect is experiencing an overdose, call 911 immediately.

​Disaster resources are available for the deaf and hard of hearing in Eastern Kentucky and assistance for those who need an interpreter or captioner for communication with FEMA or the Red Cross.

Website: KCDHH: How to Apply
Address: 632 Versailles Road, Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-573-2604 V | 502-416-0607 VP | 800-372-2907 Toll Free
Email: kcdhh@ky.gov​

Application requests for Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief 2022 expired March 31, 2023

Please visit the Office of Vital Statistics website for ordering vital records: click here.

​Benefits and support services to informal caregivers of people 60 years of age or older, an individual with Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder and also for grandparents and relatives age 55 or older caring for a relative child no older than 18 years of age related by birth, marriage or adoption

Website: chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dail/Pages/caregiversupport.aspx
Phone: Phone:(502) 564-6930
Email: CHFS.Listens@ky.gov
Printable Resource: National Family Caregiver Support Program​

Kentucky River Area Development District

Local Phone: (606) 436-3158
Toll Free: 1-888-875-3158
Aging and Disability Resource Center Coordinator Contact:  1-800-928-5723​

KRADD supports many programs for the elderly population in the region. The aging programs offered in the Kentucky River Region include: Title III B (supportive services), disease prevention and health promotion services, Title V Senior Community Service Employment Program, Title III C1 & C2 (Congregate and Home Delivered Meals), Homecare Services for individuals over age 60, Family Caregiver Program for individuals caring for a 60+ individual or an individual age 55 or older caring for a grandchild under age 18, and  long-term care ombudsman Services to assist nursing home residents and their families. KRADD serves the following counties:

  • Breathitt
  • Knott
  • Lee
  • Leslie
  • Letcher
  • Owsley
  • Perry

​If you need assistance with damage from the flooding, call 606-268-0896 for help. ​Crisis Cleanup will connect you with volunteers from local relief organizations, community groups and faith communities who may be able to assist with:

  • Muck Outs
  • Drywall Removal
  • Roof Tarping
  • Debris Removal
  • Mold Mitigation
  • Appliance Removal​

​All services are free, but service is not guaranteed due to the overwhelming need. The hotline listed above will remain open through Friday, Aug. 19, 2022.

More information: crisiscleanup.org​​

​HBC enforces statewide standards for building construction. The agency ensures fire and life safety in existing buildings; licenses/certifies plumbers, electricians, boiler contractors, sprinkler and/or fire alarm contractors and building inspectors. Please do not hesitate to contact HBC if you have a question, concern or issue regarding home repairs and finding the license status of electricians, plumbers and HVAC professionals.

Visit HBC's website or call 502-573-2002 to verify a license: dhbc.ky.gov/newstatic_Info.aspx?static_ID=573

Address: Department of Housing, Buildings and Construction
     500 Mero Street, First Floor, Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-573-0365
Fax: 502-573-1057
Email: PPC.Communications@ky.gov
Printable Resources: Consumer publications, complaint forms, and a listing of contact numbers for all insurers in the area will be available at the State Parks for impacted residents.

AshBritt contracted crews have begun state-funded private property debris removal. This includes debris located on private property that requires crews to get onto private property to collect. The debris does not need to be moved to the roadside. Property owners who need assistance must contact their local fiscal court to express interest and submit the necessary paperwork.

This contract does not include ordinary household trash and recyclables or bagged debris. That will be collected as part of regular trash pickups. 

The following types of unbagged debris are eligible for pickup:

  • Flood-damaged materials – non-recyclable materials such as drywall, asphalt shingles, sinks, tubs and floor tiles; non-recyclable building contents and personal items, such as carpeting and rugs, furniture and clothing.
  • Destroyed or significantly damaged homes and other outbuildings.
  • Electronic waste – electrical or electronic devices such as TVs, computers, printers, radios and small appliances.
  • Household hazardous waste – paints, cleaners, oils, batteries and pesticides. They must be in a secured container and not leaking in any way. However, nothing can be bagged.
  • Appliances and White goods – large appliances such as stoves, refrigerators, freezers, washing machines and dryers. Residents are cautioned to follow local government guidelines for disposal of refrigerators, which must be free of rotted food if placed outside for pickup.

Debris that is not eligible for pickup includes:

  • Demolition – crews will not perform any demolition. destroyed houses, mobile or manufactured homes, sheds, barns, shops, carports, and garages.
  • Commercial property debris – Pertains to debris from business and commercial properties such as mobile home parks, industrial parks, cemeteries, apartments and golf courses. 
  • Bagged debris of any kind.
  • Common household trash and recyclables.

Following months of roadside and waterway debris removal, this is the latest debris removal phase. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet and Kentucky Emergency Management are assisting local government agencies with this effort.​

​Applicants may be eligible for direct temporary housing if they are:

  • ​Homeowners or renters whose home received major damage (significant structural damage that requires extensive repairs and is not safe and functional to live in) or has been destroyed (total loss or damaged to such an extent that repair is not feasible) as a result of the disaster (based on the FEMA inspection); and are

  • ​​Your primary resi​dence is within one of the four counties designated for FEMA’s Direct Temporary Housing assistance (Breathitt, FLoyd, Knott, Letcher, Perry).

For FEMA fact sheet, click here.

​Breathitt County
Tire and Retread – 260 Highway 30, Jackson KY 41339
Open 24 Hours

Clay County
Clay County Fire Department – 80 Orchard Street, Oneida KY 40972
Open 24 Hours 

Floyd County
Floyd County Community Center – 7199 KY-80, Langley KY 41645
Open 24 Hours

Johnson County
Paintsville City Garage – 661 3rd Street, Paintsville KY 41240
Monday–Friday, 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.

Knott County
Knott County Sports Plex – 450 Kenny Champion Loop #8765, Leburn KY 41831
Open 24 hours

Leslie County
Dispatch Center – 24770 Highway 421, Hyden KY 41749
Open 24 Hours

Flood Plain Management – 24770 Highway 421, Hyden KY 41749
Open 24 Hours

Letcher County
Letcher County High School – 435 Cougar Drive, Whitesburg, KY 41858
Open 24 Hours​

Magoffin County
Food Pantry – 5083 Middle Fork, Salyersville KY 41465
Open 24 Hours

Martin County
Martin County Courthouse – 42 East Main Street, Inez KY 41224
Open 24 Hours

Owsley County
140 Country Barn Road, Boonsville KY 41314
9 a.m. – 9 p.m.

Perry County
County Line Community Church – 12639 KY 15, Chavies KY 41727

East Perry Elementary School – 301 Perry Circle Road, Hazard KY 41701

Hazard Flea Market – 368 Dawahare Drive, Hazard 41701

Perry County Garage – 2715 Christopher Road, Hazard KY 41701

Summit Community Church – 147 Century Circle, Hazard KY 41701

Pike County
Appalachian Wireless Arena – 126 Main Street, Pikeville KY 41501
10 a.m. – 6 p.m.

Wolfe County
Campton Elementary – 166 HWY 2491, Campton KY 41301
Open 24 Hours

​Gov. Beshear issued an executive order​ to suspend fees for replacing driver's licenses, ID cards, permits, motor vehicle registration and titles for residents in the following counties: Breathitt, Casey, Clay, Cumberland, Floyd, Harlan, Johnson, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Whitley and Wolfe. The same order also suspended fees for replacement titles and registrations obtained from county clerks for motor vehicles, mobile homes, boats and ATVs. 

Popup Driver Licensing services were offered in temporary locations for three weeks following the flooding events. Residents may now visit any Driver Licensing Regional Offices to request a replacement driver's license or ID card. Eastern Kentucky regional offices in the affected counties are located in: Manchester, Prestonsburg, Pikeville and Jackson. To schedule an appointment, visit drive.ky.gov. Walk-ins are welcome.​

​Kentucky Power main​​tains the electrical facilities and equipment to the point of connection to your home or business.

You are responsible for all wiring from the point of attachment including the entrance cable, meter base, grounding equipment, the cable to the main breaker and all facilities within your home or business, ensuring it meets National Electric Code (NEC) standards.

If your home or business was flooded or damaged by flooding, then submerged electrical equipment, wiring, breakers and outlets may have sustained damage and could be dangerous to operate. We recommend that you contact a licensed electrician to check the safety of the facilities and make any needed repairs inside your home or business prior to turning the main breaker back on after power has been restored to your area.

  • If flood waters submerged the breaker panel, the damaged breakers will need to be addressed.
  • If flood waters reached the outdoor disconnect, this will also need to be addressed.
  • If flood waters do not appear to have reached the panel, and the service is otherwise deemed to be safe, it can remain energized.

After you have the damage repaired, an electrical inspection by an approved state inspector is required before Kentucky Power can reconnect power. As part of our flood relief contribution, Kentucky Power will pay for that electrical inspection for both residential and non-residential customers through the end of September.

When you are ready to have your service re-connected, you will need to place an order by calling Kentucky Power’s Customer Flood Hotline at 1-877-816-7247, Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m. To the extent possible, reconnections will be worked the next business day/hours, Monday- Friday.

If you need a new meter base as part of your repairs, they are free and can be picked up at:

Hazard Service Center – 1400 E Main St, Hazard
Lowe’s – 266 Black Gold Blvd, Hazard
Hindman Pro-mart – 1622 KY-160, Hindman
Jackson Electric & Plumbing Supply – 1273 Main St, Jackson
Pikeville Service Center – 3249 North Mayo Trail, Pikeville (Coal Run)​

Inspectors approved for electrical inspections:​ Click here for list​.

​The Department of Financial Institutions’ serves Kentucky residents by promoting access to a stable financial industry, implementing effective regulatory oversight, and enforcing consumer protections.

Address: Department of Financial Institutions, 500 Mero Street, 2 SW 19, Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-573-3390; toll free 800-223-2579
Fax: 502-573-8787
Email: kfi@ky.gov

The U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Nutrition Service has approved the following waivers.​​

  • One waiver allows the purchase of hot foods through Nov. 1, 2022. This will help the residents of several counties that qualify for Individual Assistance. Counties include Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Letcher, Perry and Pike. It also covers surrounding counties: Bell, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knox, Lawrence, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Magoffin, Martin, McCreary, Morgan, Owsley, Whitley and Wolfe.
  • ​​Another waiver extends SNAP certification periods an additional 6 months for households in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike, and Whitley Counties. This allowance from the USDA's Food Nutrition Service extends certification periods and adjusts report submission dates for ongoing SNAP households who are due for recertification or periodic reporting.

The Natural Disaster Fraud Hotline helps Kentuckians report fraud related to the severe storms, flooding and mudslides in Eastern Kentucky. Before calling the Natural Disaster Fraud Hotline, Kentuckians are encouraged to gather as many details as possible about the suspected fraud, including details about how the fraud was perpetrated and where it occurred. 

Website: ag.ky.gov/pricegouging (suspected price gouging) and ag.ky.gov/scams (scams)
Phone: 502-696-5485
Additional Information: Natural Disaster Scams

​Natural disasters such as floods can greatly impact a family's circumstances. These changes can result in eligibility to enroll in kynect health coverage. Get details.​​

Open Enrollment ended on Jan. 31, 2022. However, there are qualifying life events that may make Kentucky residents eligible for an exception, and they may apply for coverage during a Special Enrollment Period (SEP). You can qualify for an SEP if you have experienced a qualifying life event, including:

  • The loss of health insurance through a job.
  • ​Household changes such as marriage, divorce, a death in the family, or having a baby.
  • A change in your home address.

Applicants have 60 days to enroll in a plan if they meet SEP qualifications. Those who miss the 60-day window will need to wait until Open Enrollment begins Nov. 1, 2022, to enroll in 2023 coverage.

Individuals may also be eligible for Medicaid coverage if they meet certain income limits.

Website: kynect.ky.gov/healthcoverage/

Phone: 1-855-459-6328
Email: CHFS.Listens@ky.gov
Printable Resource: Click here for printable forms.
Deaf or Hard of Hearing: 1-855-326-4654 TTY
Blind or Visually Impaired: Voice to TDD: 1-800-648-6057. TDD to voice: 1-800-648-6056.

​For residents in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Letcher, Owsley, ​Perry and Pike counties who report they cannot or may not be able to safely live in their home, FEMA may need to perform an inspection of the damaged dwelling.

Home Inspections
If you report that you cannot, or may not be able to, safely live in your home, FEMA may need to perform an inspection of the damaged dwelling. The inspection helps FEMA verify disaster-caused damage and loss. Inspectors do not determine eligibility for FEMA assistance.

FEMA will call you to meet at the address where the damage was reported. The inspector’s phone number may be from out of state or show up on caller ID as “unavailable”. The inspector may ask you to verify personally identifiable information by phone.

When the FEMA inspector calls, write down:

  • The inspector’s name
  • Date of call
  • Date and time of appointment
  • Inspector’s telephone number

If you are contacted by a FEMA home inspector, but no one in the household applied for FEMA disaster assistance, inform the inspector that you did not apply for FEMA assistance and ask the inspector to withdraw the application. Also notify FEMA by calling the FEMA Helpline at 800-621-3362.

During Inspection
A typical inspection takes up to 45 minutes to complete. You or your designated co-applicant identified on your application will need to meet with an inspector and provide a photo ID. You may invite another individual such as a household member, relative or friend to help communicate with the inspector.

  • If you or your co-applicant are unable to meet with an inspector, a third-party can be designated in writing and pre-authorized before the scheduled time and date.
  • If you do not want to allow an interior inspection due to COVID concerns, inform the inspector.
  • FEMA never charges a fee for an inspection. The inspector carries an official photo ID and will never ask for bank information.
  • The inspector will attempt to verify the applicant’s name, address, contact information, occupancy and ownership status and insurance coverage.
  • The inspector will walk through the home to assess the condition of both damaged and non-damaged areas, noting disaster caused damage to real property (structural) and doing a complete inventory of all damaged and non-damaged essential personal property (appliances, furniture, etc.).
  • The inspector will ask questions about disaster-caused losses and expenses including medical expenses, moving and storage expenses, items purchased in response to the disaster, uniforms, supplies, and tools required for school or employment.
  • Inspectors will not climb on roofs or enter crawl spaces.
  • Photos may be taken of the interior and exterior of the home during the inspection process.
  • In situations where the home is inaccessible, the inspector may meet with the survivor at another location to verify identity, occupancy and/or ownership.
  • If you suspect an inspector isn’t who they say they are, tell them to leave immediately and call local law enforcement.

After the Inspection
Information gathered during the inspection is only one of several criteria used by FEMA to determine eligibility for assistance. If you have questions after your inspection, please call FEMA’s Helpline at 800-621-3362.

FEMA will mail you a decision letter about eligibility for assistance. To receive updates and notifications faster, create an online DisasterAssistance.gov account after applying for FEMA assistance.​


​Individuals and households affected by severe flooding who reside or have a business in Breathitt, Casey, Clay, Cumberland, Floyd, Harlan, Johnson, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Lincoln, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike, Powell, Whitley and Wolfe counties qualify for income tax relief. Affected taxpayers with a valid extension will have until Nov. 15, 2022, to file Kentucky tax returns for individual income tax, corporate income tax, and limited liability entity tax. Tax payments related to these returns were due on April 18, 2022; therefore, payments are not eligible for this relief.

Estimated income tax payments due on Sept. 15, 2022, are also allowed an extension until Nov. 15, 2022. Payroll withholding filings and payments due between July 26 and Nov. 15, 2022, are also eligible for this extension.

Late filing and payment penalties will be waived for those affected taxpayers seeking relief based on the tax category described above. Kentucky's tax laws do not allow interest to be waived due to natural disasters. Taxpayers are advised to label the top margin of the tax forms filed under this relief provision in large, red letters with the words "Kentucky Flood Relief."

Lost Tax Records
Individuals and businesses that lost tax records in the floods may request replacement copies. Instructions for how taxpayers may request income tax returns is available on DOR's website.

General Questions
Taxpayers requiring additional information or assistance on individual income taxes may contact the Department of Revenue at (502) 564-4581 or KRC.WEBResponseIndividual@ky.gov.​

Individuals with questions about Corporation Income Tax or Pass-through Entities may call (502) 564-8139 or email KRC.WEBResponseCorporationTax@ky.gov or DORWEBRESPONSEPASSTHROUGHENTITY@ky.gov

​The Kentucky Department of Insurance regulates the Commonwealth's insurance market, licenses agents and other insurance professionals, monitors the financial condition of companies, educates consumers and ensures Kentuckians are treated fairly. Please do not hesitate to contact DOI if you have a question, concern or issue regarding insurance claims.

Address: Department of Insurance, 500 Mero Street, 2 SE 11, Frankfort, KY 40601
Phone: 502-564-3630; toll free 800-595-6053
Fax: 502-564-1453
Email: PPC.Communications@ky.gov

Consumers should contact DOI's consumer assistance toll free number with questions at 800-595-6053.

Printable Resource: Consumer publications, complaint forms, and a listing of contact numbers for all insurers in the area will be available at the State Parks for impacted residents.
Before and After the Storm
File a Complaint

​The following locations are providing Internet access via wi-fi hotspots: 

Knott County
Knott County Health Center: 880 W Main Street, Hindman KY

Leslie County
Leslie County Health Center: 78 Maple Street, Hyden KY

Letcher County
Letcher County Health Center: 115 E Main Street, Whitesburg KY

Owsley County
Owsley County Health Center: 282 KY-28, Booneville KY

Perry County
Perry County Health Center: 239 Lovern Street, Hazard KY
Kentucky River District Health Department: 441 Gorman Hollow Road, Hazard KY

​A free legal help hotline is now available for flooding survivors in Eastern Kentucky. The hotline is available to connect survivors to free legal services in qualifying counties. Survivors can call ​844-478-0099 Monday–Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT. After hours, messages can be left and calls will be returned the next business day.​​

Hotline callers can get help with legal issues like:​​

  • FEMA Appeals
  • Unemployment Insurance
  • SNAP Benefits
  • Medicaid/Medicare
  • Replacement IDs and Birth Certificates
  • Replacement EBT/Direct Express/WIC Cards
  • Insurance Denials
  • Scams and Fraud
  • Housing (Homeowners and Renters
  • Connection with other Community Resources

Hotline partners cannot help in all cases. For example, partners cannot take cases where a settlement could include legal fees or an award. But they can refer those cases to other legal help.

This service is a partnership between the ABA Young Lawyers Division, FEMA, AppalReD Legal Aid, the Kentucky Bar Association, the Kentucky Access to Justice Commission, and the Kentucky Bar Foundation.

Families m​​ay contact long-term care facilities and/or the Office of the Ombudsman in the Cabinet for Health and Family Services for assistance, including information relating to the relocation of family members due to flooding, water levels and power outages. Long-term care ombudsmen representing the Kentucky River and Big Sandy districts may also be contacted.

Office of the Ombudsman:​chfs.ky.gov/agencies/dail/Pages/ltcomb.aspx
Long-term care ombudsman's hotline: (800) 372-2991​
Kentucky River Ombudsman: Shelia Cornett, (606) 436-3158
Big Sandy Ombudsman: Shelly Akers, (606) 886-2374, ext. 335​

988 Suicide & Crisis Lifeline
Website: ​988.ky.gov
Crisis Line: 988

Kentuckians in crisis can now connect with suicide prevention, mental health and substance abuse counselors using a nationwide, easier-to-dial phone number – 988. Phone service providers will now direct 988 calls to the existing national lifeline with its 13 Kentucky call centers. And connection to additional crisis services will be provided if necessary. Like 911 and other national, 3-digit phone numbers, 988 was created to be easier to remember and make crisis care easier to access. Available 24/7/365 and free-of-charge, callers to 988 will connect with a compassion​ate, highly trained counselor who can help address their issues as smoothly as possible. Counselors are part of a Kentucky network of call centers linked to other invaluable, lifesaving services. This helps get callers connected quickly to the right kind of help.​​

Disaster Distress Helpline
Website: samhsa.gov/ddh
Crisis line: 1-800-985-5990 (also available for Voice Phone-VP); Spanish-speakers can press “2" for 24/7 bilingual services.

​The Disaster Distress Helpline (DDH) is a 24/7, year-round, confidential, multilingual crisis counseling and emotional support resource for survivors, responders, and anyone in the U.S./territories struggling with distress or other mental health concerns related to any natural or human-caused disaster. Calls and texts to 1-800-985-5990 are answered by trained counselors from a network of independently operated crisis centers located across the country. To connect directly to an agent in American Sign Language, click the "ASL Now" button below or call 1-800-985-5990 from your videophone. ASL Support is available 24/7.

Cumberland River Community Care
Website: crbhky.org 
Crisis Line: 988

Cumberland River Behavioral Health is a nonprofit community mental health center whose mission is to ensure all members of our community an opportunity to achieve their highest potential for living satisfying, productive, and valued lives. They are dedicated to planning and providing quality mental health, developmental and intellectual disabilities, and substance use services in our eight-county service area, including Bell, Clay, Harlan, Jackson, Knox, Laurel, Rockcastle and Whitley counties. Cumberland River Behavioral Health encourages individuals to be active participants, along with family and other interested supporters, in the development of their recovery goals based on the individual needs of each person. Our services are confidential, sensitive to cultural needs and differences. Payment is based on ability to pay.

Kentucky River Community Care
Website: krccnet.com
Crisis Line: 800-262-7491

Kentucky River Community Care, Inc. (KRCC), a multisite behavioral health center located in the Appalachian Mountains of rural southeast Kentucky, dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the people of our region. The Community Mental Health serves residents of Breathitt, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Owsley, Perry and Wolfe counties. The KRCC Open Access system allows clients to determine when and where they would like to receive their initial service visit with a behavioral health clinician. Clients may walk in to any of KRCC's outpatient offices for assistance or schedule an appointment on a day and time that is convenient for them.

Mountain Comprehensive Care Center
Website: mtcomp.org
Crisis Line: 800-422-1060

Mountain Comprehensive Care Center's mission is to provide quality behavioral healthcare that offers recovery and hope. Its programs have been developed to address the most pressing issues affecting people from all walks of life within our region. The organization believes that everyone should be treated with dignity and respect. The programs below encompass a broad array of services that share a common goal: to help you gain control of difficulties in your life so that you can focus on what matters the most.

Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board 
Website: ​kccrb.ky.gov/
24-Hour Response Request: 888-522-7228

The Kentucky Community Crisis Response Board provides the entire spectrum of critical incident stress management services from pre-incident training, acute crisis response, and post-incident support to emergency services personnel who have encountered a traumatic event. Traumatic events include line of duty deaths, multicasualty incidents, use of deadly force, suicide of a first responder, events involving children, prolonged incidents, terrorism and any other overwhelming event.

These services are provided at no cost in attempt to prevent the destructive effects of emotional trauma, job related stress, and accelerate recovery from critical incidents before stress reactions can negatively impact an individual's career, health and family.

Volunteer and First Responder Crisis Care
Callers should mention “Eastern Kentucky flood relief."
New Vista (available 24/7), 800-928-8000
Cumberland River Behavioral Health (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. EST), (606) 528-7010 ext. 100

The Kentucky State Police is working diligently to respond to areas of Eastern Kentucky affected by extreme flooding. Troopers continue to work to preserve life and conduct rescue missions, and they remain committed to assisting those in need.  Please dial 911 only if you have an emergency. 

Website: kentuckystatepolice.org/p12-7-28-2022/

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Breathitt, Perry, Knott, Letcher or Leslie counties, contact Post 13 Hazard at 606-435-6069​​.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Magoffin, Johnson, Martin, Floyd, or Pike counties, contact Post 9 Pikeville at 606-433-7711.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Jackson, Owsley, or Lee counties, contact Post 7 Richmond at 859-623-2404.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in the counties of Wolfe or Morgan counties, contact Post 8 Morehead at 606-784-4127.

If you wish to report a missing loved one in Harlan County, contact Post 10 Harlan at 606-573-3131.

Email:  If you are unable to get through to the appropriate KSP post, you may report a missing loved one by sending an email to ksppubaff@ky.gov and include the following information:

  • Your name (first, last)
  • Your phone number
  • Missing loved ones name (first, last)
  • Missing loved ones county of residence
  • Missing loved ones description (gender, age, race, etc.) 
  • Missing loved ones home address, and phone number (if known).

This information will be forwarded to the appropriate KSP Post for further investigation.​​

Team Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief Fund

​Many people will use portable generators during these power outages that follow flooding. Portable generators are life-saving tools in times of emergency. However, because of improper consumer use, they can also be deadly. Year after year, people suffer carbon monoxide poisoning due to improper usage of portable generators. Information and preparedness now can help prevent tragedy.

The Portable Generator Manufacturers' Association (PGMA) offers these life-saving safety tips.

​Carriers will attempt mail delivery in eastern Kentucky communities affected by recent flooding where it is safe to do so. Carriers will avoid downed power lines, flooded or damaged streets and bridges, and other potentially hazardous situations.

Customers displaced by damage to their home or business are encouraged to either place their mail on hold or submit a permanent or temporary change of address, depending on their circumstances. Hold Mail and Change of Address requests can be made online at usps.com.

Post offices temporarily closed and the alternate locations for mail pick up and retail operations are as follows. NOTE: Customers are reminded to bring proper photo identification for mail and package pickups. 












​14065 KY HWY 476
​4672 KY HWY 476
​M-F: 8​:00 AM-12:00 PM/

       12:30 PM-3:30 PM

SAT: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM

3757 HIGHWAY 47641317JACKSON790 HWY 15 N41339

M-F: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM

SAT: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM


M-F: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM/

       12:30 PM-3:30 PM

SAT: 8:00 AM-12:00 PM

DWARF9325 KY HIGHWAY 47641739BULAN4672 KY HWY 47641722

M-F: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM/

       12:30 PM-3:30 PM

SAT: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM


M-F: 7:30 AM-12:00 PM/

     1:00 PM-4:00 PM

SAT: 10:00 AM-12:00 PM

LOST CREEK9950 HIGHWAY 15 S41348JACKSON790 HWY 15 N41339

M-F: 8:00 AM-4:00 PM

SAT: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM

PREMIUM3752 HYW 16041845ISOM9305 HIGHWAY 1541824

M-F: 8:30 AM-1:00 AM/

         11:30 AM-3:30 PM

SAT: 9:00 AM-12:00 PM

SECO131 SECO DR41849MAYKING3397 HWY 119 N41837

M-F: 7:30 AM-12:00 PM/

       12:30 PM-3:30 PM

SAT: 8:30 AM-12:00 PM

Uninsured Kentuckians living in certain zip codes affected by recent flooding and mudslides may be eligible to have certain prescriptions replaced at no cost to them through the Emergency Prescription Assistance Program. The program makes a 30-day supply of covered medications available to uninsured residents at any participating pharmacy. Under the program, replacements for durable medical equipment and supplies, such as walkers, wheelchairs and oxygen tanks may be covered.

To see if you qualify, ​​​call 855-793-7470. Assistance is available through Oct. 4, 2022.

​​ ​
​CountyAuthorized Zip Codes​
Breathitt41310, 41317, 4133​9, 41348, 41366, 41385, 41390
​40913, 40914, 40931, 40932, 40941, 40944, 40951, 40962, 40972, 40983
​Floyd41216, 41601, 41602, ​41603, 41604, 41605, 41606, 41607, 41612, 41615, 41616, 41619, 41621, 41622, 41630, 41631, 41635, 41636, 41640, 41642, 41645, 41647, 41649, 41650, 41651, 41653, 41655, 41659, 41660, 41663, 41666, 41667, 41669
41204, 41219, 41222, 41226, 41234, 41238, 41240, 41254, 41255, 41256, 41257, 41260, 41263, 41265, 41268, 41271, 41274​
​Knott41643, 41725, 41740, 41743, 41759, 41772, 41817, 41822, 41828, 41831, 41834, 41836, 41839, 41843, 41844, 41847, 41859, 41861, 41862​
​Leslie​40803, 40816, 40827, 40840, 40844, 40858, 40868, 40874, 40979, 41714, 41749, 41762, 41764, 41766, 41775, 41776, 41777
​40826, 40862, 41517, 41537, 41804, 41810, 41812, 41815, 41819, 41821, 41824, 41825, 41826, 41832, 41833, 41835, 41837, 41838, 41840, 41845, 41848, 41849, 41855, 41858
Magoffin​41426, 41433, 41464, 41465, 41632
​Martin41203, 41214, 41224, 41231, 41250, 41262, 41267​
​Owsley​41314, 41338, 41351, 41364 41386
​Perry​40981, 41367, 41701, 41702, 41712, 41713, 41719, 41721, 41722, 41723, 41727, 41729, 41731, 41735, 41736, 41739, 41745, 41746, 41747, 41751, 41754, 41760, 41763, 41773, 41774, 41778
Pike​40312, 40376, 40380
41301, 41313, 41332, 41360, 41​365​​


Members in a 1915c Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver program or nursing facilities should call 1-844-784-5614 or email 1915cWaiverHelpDesk@ky.gov. Call center staff are prepared to help complete forms to request assistance. For HCBS waiver pharmacy assistance, call Magellan at 1-800-635-2570.

Members with a Managed Care Organization (MCO) such as Aetna; Anthem; Humana; Passport by Molina; UnitedHealthcare or WellCare should contact their member services listed on their member card for assistance or dial the following numbers:

  • Aetna: 1-855-300-5528
  • Anthem: 1-855-690-7784
  • Humana: 1-800-444-9137
  • Passport by Molina: 1-800-578-0603
  • WellCare: 1-877-389-9457
  • UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-293-1796​

For MCO pharmacy assistance, call MedImpact at 1-800-210-7628.​

​If you have a damaged or destroyed bridge or road that is preventing access to your home or residence, please complete the form at the link below. You will be contacted to verify your information, and an inspection of your damage may take place to determine how and when your bridge or road might be repaired.

Please note that registering does not guarantee repair or replacement of your damaged or destroyed bridge or road.

Register online at https://arcg.is/010GP​j0.​

Kentuckians in the 13 counties included in the federal disaster declaration for individual assistance are eligible to request a refund of Kentucky sales and use tax paid on the purchase of building materials permanently installed in the repair or replacement of structures damaged by flooding.

These sales tax refunds are good for purchases made on or after the date of the disaster declaration for individual relief up to $6,000 in tax per building. Applicants in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, ​Pike and Whitley counties have three years from the date of the federal disaster declaration to submit a refund claim to the Kentucky Department of Revenue after the repairs or replacement construction are completed.

Property owners living in any one of these five designated counties who purchase building materials for the repair or replacement of structures damaged by the floods can visit the Kentucky Department of Revenue's website at revenue.ky.gov to learn more about how to apply for a sales tax refund.

Guidance on how to submit a refund request, along with all the required forms needed from property owners are available at revenue.ky.gov, as well as answers to frequently asked questions about this targeted sales tax relief.​​

Individuals in need of more personalized assistance may call 502-564-5170 and select Option 1 to speak to a member of the Revenue staff.​

​​​Survivors of the Eastern Kentucky flooding can learn how to save household treasures damaged by the flooding from the Heritage Emergency National Task Force experts visiting Disaster Recovery Centers and Mobile Registration Intake Centers.

Among the heirlooms that might be save are photos, artwork, quilts, important documents and other keepsakes. The experts will discuss how to handle, dry and clean these items, as well as personal safety during the restoration process, setting priorities and treatment options.

Experts from Heritage Emergency National Task Force are visiting these locations:

  • Breathitt County
    Breathitt County Library – 1024 College Avenue, Jackson KY 41339
    Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Aug, 22-25​

  • Clay County
    Clay County Community Center – 311 Highway 638, Manchester KY 40962
    Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Aug. 23-25

  • Letcher County
    Letcher County Recreation Center – 1505 Jenkins Road, Whitesburg KY 41858
    Hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Aug. 23-25

Recovery center hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday and 1 p.m. to 7 p.m. on Sunday.

Co-sponsored by the Federal Emergency Management Agency and the Smithsonian Institution, the Heritage Emergency National Task Force is a partnership of 60 national service organizations and federal agencies. It was created to protect cultural heritage from the damaging effects of natural disasters and other emergencies. For more information on the task force, email HENTF@si.edu​.

Learn more at fema.gov 2

Homeowners and renters in Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Whitley counties can apply for assistance or check the status of their application online at disasterassistance.gov​, by calling 800-621-3362 or using the FEMA mobile app. If you use a relay service, such as video relay (VRS), captioned telephone or other service, give FEMA the number for that service.

Flood survivors who apply for FEMA assistance may be referred to the SBA. It is important to submit an SBA application so you can be considered for additional FEMA grants.​

​Tr​avel trailers through the Commonwealth Sheltering Program are available to survivors whose homes were majorly damaged, destroyed, or deemed not habitable in one of the 13 counties designated for FEMA Individual Assistance in the July flooding event (Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Lee, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Whitley). The program will provide temporary shelters to survivors who are unable to locate rental homes or apartments. To be eligible, survivors must register for FEMA assistance, be seeking shelter in their eligible county, and agree to the program terms.

​Also known as the Section​​ 504 Home Repair program, it provides loans to very-low-income homeowners to repair, improve, or modernize their homes, or provides grants to elderly, very-low-income homeowners to remove health and safety hazards.​

To qualify, you must:

  • Be the homeo​wner and occupy the house
  • Be unable to obtain affordable credit elsewhere
  • Have a family income within the very-low-income limit
  • For grants, be age 62 or older and not be able to repay a repair loan​

What is an eligible area?
Properties must be located in an eligible rural area. You can visit the USDA Income and Property Eligibility website (available at this link: https://go.usa.gov/xzcdM) for complete details.

How can funds be used?

  • Loans can be used to repair, improve, or modernize homes, or to remove health and safety hazards.
  • Grants must be used to remove health and safety hazards.

How much money can I get?

  • Maximum loan is $40,000.
  • Maximum grant is $10,000.
  • Loans and grants can be combined for up to $50,000 in assistance.

What are the terms of the loan or grant?

  • Loans are repaid over 20 years.
  • Loan interest rate is fixed at 1 percent.
  • Full title service is required for loans greater than $25,000.
  • Grants have a lifetime limit of $10,000.
  • Grants must be repaid if the property is sold in less than three years.
  • If applicants can repay part - but not all - of the costs, they may be offered a loan and grant combination.

Is there a deadline to apply?
Applications are available year-round as long as funding is available, and are processed in the order they are received.

How long does an application take?
Approval times depend on funding availability in your area. Talk to a state or area office-based USDA home loan specialist (a map is available at this link: https://www.rd.usda.gov/browse-state) for help with your application.

How do I get started?
Contact a USDA home loan specialist (information is available at this link: https://www.rd.usda.gov/browse-state) in your area.

What governs this program?

NOTE: Because citations and other information is subject to change, always consult the program instructions listed in the section above titled “What Governs This Program?” You can also contact your local office for assistance (a list is available at this link: https://go.usa.gov/xzjP7). You will find additional forms, resources, and program information at rd.usda.gov. USDA is an equal opportunity provider, employer, and lender.

T​he U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) has closed its Business Recovery Centers in Kentucky.

The disaster declaration covers Breathitt, Clay, Floyd, Knott, Leslie, Letcher, Magoffin, Martin, Owsley, Perry, Pike and Whitley counties, which are eligible for both Physical and Economic Injury Disaster Loans from the SBA. Small businesses and mo​st private nonprofit organizations in the following adjacent counties are eligible to apply only for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs): Bell, Harlan, Jackson, Johnson, Knox, Laurel, Lee, Leslie, Magoffin, Martin and Wolfe in Kentucky.​

For small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives, small businesses engaged in aquaculture and most private nonprofit organizations, the SBA offers Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDLs) to help meet working cap​ital needs caused by the disaster. Economic Injury Disaster Loan assistance is available regardless of whether the business suffered any physical property damage.​

Disaster loans up to $200,000 are available to homeowners to repair or replace disaster-damaged or destroyed real estate. Homeowners and renters are eligible​​ for up to $40,000 to repair or replace disaster-damaged or destroyed personal property. Interest rates are as low as 3.04 percent for businesses, 1.875 percent for nonprofit organizations and 2.188 percent for homeowners and renters, with terms up to 30 years. Loan amounts and terms are set by the SBA and are based on each applicant’s financial condition. To be considered for all forms of disaster assistance, applicants should register online at DisasterAssistance.gov​ or download the FEMA mobile app. If online or mobile ​​access is unavailable, applicants should call the FEMA toll-free helpline at 800-621-3362. Those who use 711-Relay or Video Relay Services should call 800-621-3362.

Applicants may apply online using the Electronic Loan Application (ELA) via SBA’s secure website at https://disasterloanassistance.sba​​.gov/ela/s/ and should apply under SBA declaration # 17546.

Disaster loan information and application forms may also be obtained by calling the SBA’s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 (if you are deaf, hard of​ hearing, or have a speech disability, please dial 7-1-1 to access telecommunications relay services) or by sending an email to DisasterCustomerService@sba.gov. Loan applications can be downloaded from the SBA’s website at sba.gov/disaster. Completed applications should be mailed to: U.S. Small Business Administration, Processing and Disbursement Center, 14925 Kingsport Road, Fort Worth, TX 76155.​

The physical loan application deadline was Oct. 28, 2022. However, the deadline to return economic injury applications is May 1, 2023.​

​The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is working to assess and restore state-maintained roadways and bridges in Eastern Kentucky. This website provides a single source to track traffic impacts and response activities in Department of Highways Districts 10, 11 and 12.​

Website: ekytransportation-kytc.hub.arcgis.com/

​Impacted Kentuckians who are facing challenges with their utility bills are encouraged to first contact their utility provider regarding assistance programs such as arranging alternative payment schedules or payment plans. In addition, the following resources are available.​

  • The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services administers the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP), a federally funded program that helps low-income households meet their home heat and cooling needs. Visit here for more information.

  • Community Action Kentucky provides services, including utility payment assistance, to Kentucky families in all 120 counties. Visit here for more information.

  • Kentucky's Homeowner Assistance Fund assists qualified homeowners with utility bills. Visit here for more information.

  • Team Kentucky's Healthy at Home Eviction Relief Fund can assist renters with utility bills. Visit here for more information.

  • Kentucky 2-1-1 is your easy-to-remember access number for this information and referral service provided by United Way. Visit here for more information https://www.uwky.org/211.

WEBSITE: transportation.ky.gov/vehiclerecovery​

Retrieval efforts are in effect in disaster-declared counties in Eastern Kentucky to transport damaged or stalled vehicles found in or along roadsides and waterways to vehicle management sites. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet oversees the recovery and notification process. Vehicles will be relocated if they block access to a public-use area, pose an immediate threat to infrastructure, or are abandoned (on right-of-way for more than three consecutive days). Attempts will be made to contact vehicle owners and/or lienholders to recover their vehicles.


  • Notification attempts to title owners and/or lienholders will begin within 10 days of the vehicle arriving at a vehicle management site (VMS).​

  • ​State officials will make contact via USPS Certified Mail, USPS standard mail, and telephone (if phone numbers are available). Vehicle owner contact information will be screened against a list of survivors temporarily housed in travel trailers or sheltering locations to ensure contact.​​

  • Upon contact, the title owner will be told the VMS location to retrieve their vehicle and will be asked to schedule a date and time to visit the management site within 30 days.


  • The title holder must present government identification (like a driver’s license) and a copy of their vehicle title before moving their vehicle.

  • There are no storage fees when picking up vehicles at VMS sites. The vehicle owner is responsible for coordinating and paying for any fees associated with transporting the vehicle from a site to another destination. Vehicle owners may request to abandon their vehicle.​


What do I need to bring with me when reclaiming my vehicle?
You will need to bring your Kentucky Driver’s License or ID card and Kentucky-issued certificate of title or registration.

What if I lost my driver’s license, title or registration to prove I own the vehicle?
Replacement fees have been waived for residents of the 13 disaster-declared counties. Visit any Driver Licensing Regional Office to request a driver’s license or ID card. Visit your county clerk to request titles and registrations for motor vehicles, mobile homes, boats and ATVs.

How will I be contacted if my vehicle is recovered?
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will attempt to contact the vehicle title owner and any lienholder by USPS Certified Mail, USPS regular mail, telephone, and by contacting potential temporary housing or sheltering site associated with the owner and/or lienholder.

What information will I need to provide over the phone?
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will ask for the title holder's name and current address. You will not be asked for any other personal information by phone or electronically, such as your social security number or birthdate.

​How can I check if my vehicle has been transferred to a vehicle management site (VMS)?
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet has a website that will be updated regularly to display any vehicles that are currently at vehicle management sites. Check transportation.ky.gov/vehiclerecovery​ to search for recovered vehicles by make and model.

Download a copy of the Vehicle Recovery Program info packet here​.

​Team​​ Eastern K​​entucky Flood Relie​f Fund

​Governor Besh​​ear has established the Team Eastern Kentucky Flood Relief Fund to assist those impacted by the major flooding event that began on July 26, 2022.

Donate Now

Executive Actions​

For a list of executive actions taken by Governor Beshear and his administration, click here​.​​​


Get notifed when con artists are on the attack in Kentucky.



Are you interested in joining our team by filling an unclassified (non-merit) position? Submit your application and learn more about what it means to serve the Commonwealth.

Apply Here